High-Tech Institute Nashville to Offer Five New Associate of Applied Science Degree Programs
Nashville, April 19, 2010 — High-Tech Institute in Nashville will begin offering five new degree programs, with a class start set for May 31, 2010 for all programs. The school is located at 560 Royal Parkway in Nashville.
High-Tech Institute Nashville will offer five new Associate of Applied Science degree programs in Medical Assistant, Medical Billing & Coding, Dental Assistant, Paralegal and Business Management. The school also offers diploma programs in Medical Assistant, Medical Billing & Coding, Dental Assistant, Massage Therapy and X-Ray Technician (Limited Scope).
"These new associate degree program offerings are in fields with documented job growth, offering our students the chance to further their education, allowing High-Tech Institute Nashville to stay current with the times," said Brenda Nash, campus president of High-Tech Institute Nashville.
Among the new Associate of Applied Science degree programs:
- Medical Assistant – The Medical Assistant is a multi-skilled health professional who plays an important role as a member of the health care team in a variety of medical settings. This program introduces students to anatomy and physiology of the body systems, medical terminology, and required clinical and administrative skills. Upon graduation, students will be prepared to seek employment as an entry-level Clinical Medical Assistant, Administrative Medical Assistant, Medical Receptionist, Medical Bookkeeper, and Laboratory Assistant.
- Medical Billing & Coding – Students will receive training in all areas of insurance billing and medical coding, medical records, as well as study the human anatomy, physiology and common diseases and an introduction to medical terminology and pharmacology. Upon graduation, students will be qualified to seek employment as a medical insurance biller, a medical records coder or health information technician.
- Dental Assistant – Students learn the fundamentals of dental x-ray, education in dental science, chair-side training, dental equipment set up, lab procedures, dental health and basic dental office administrative duties. Upon graduation students are qualified to seek employment as a dental assistant, chair-side assistant or a dental receptionist.
- Paralegal – Students will develop a fundamental understanding of the legal system to meet the growing needs of the legal field and gain competence in assisting legal professionals in delivering quality legal services. Students are exposed to civil law and litigation, criminal law and adversarial process, family law and property, transactional law, business law, estate planning and probate, administrative law and alternate dispute resolution.
- Business Management – This program is designed to equip students with the knowledge and entry-level skills for employment in the business environment. The program is balanced on a theoretical and practical framework derived from the social, behavioral, managerial, and informational sciences. The program enables students to evaluate general business issues and focuses on problem solving in the workplace in relation to other aspects of the organization, such as employees, customers, suppliers, and society at large.
Prospective students should call 888-616-6549 or visit http://www.hightechinstitute.edu/locations/high-tech-institute-nashville/ for more information.
About High-Tech Institute
Established in 1999, High-Tech Institute Nashville is part of the Anthem Education Group of schools and colleges. Anthem Education Group (AEG) is a Phoenix, Arizona-based family of schools and colleges that provides career focused training and education programs at 23 accredited institutions in 15 states and through online programs, offering masters, bachelors and associates degrees as well as diplomas. The Anthem Education Group family of schools, which has been providing quality post-secondary education for more than a century, includes Anthem College, Anthem College Online, Anthem Institute, The Bryman School of Arizona, Morrison University, Allied College and High-Tech Institute.